5 easy signs that your carpet may need to be replaced!
- Matting – One of the first and most obvious signs you’ll generally see in your carpet is matting. The material your carpet is made of can have a big influence on this, a polyester carpet may feel nice, but is weak to resist the forces of matting. Once a carpet has matted down, it’s a lost cause to try to re-invigorate it. The biggest cause of carpet matting and compression is simply the foot traffic that goes over it. A carpet in a hallway is used much more than one in a bedroom per say, and thus you can expect that to cause it to matt far sooner. Not even professional cleaners can do much about this issue, your best bet is usually to replace it with a nylon carpet, they’re far more resistant than polyester! Contact your local Raleigh flooring pro today and see what they can do for your matted carpet!
- Stains – Have you started to simply give up on cleaning your carpet and resorted to moving your furniture to cover stains? Now we all know, if you just have one little stain you can probably have it cleaned out and be on your way like new again. But if your carpet has suffered years and years of stains that you know won’t come out and Have you started to simply give up on cleaning your carpet and resorted to moving your furniture to cover stains? Now we all know, if you just have one little stain you can probably have it cleaned out and be on your way like new again. But if your carpet has suffered years and years of stains that you know won’t come out and you’re just tired of looking at them, then you should likely look to have your carpet replaced. Even these carpets that are touted at “stain-proof” eventually wear down and become susceptible, nobody is safe from stains!
- Mold/Foul odors – These two often go hand in hand. Foul odors can be caused by biological substances like put urine/feces, vomit, etc. that soak down into the carpet, and once you have an issue with smells and mold, it’s generally too late to turn to a cleaning to fix your issue. The only way to get those fibers clean is to replace them, mold can cause allergy flare ups and other issues so it’s best to be safe with things like that. You should look to Carpeting in Raleigh NCto help remedy your problem and get your new, healthy carpet in as soon as possible!
- Carpet Padding – Carpet padding is what makes your carpet comfortable to stand on, provides a noise-quieting layer, and acts as insulation for the floor. General wear and tear are responsible for degradation in your padding over time, the only option for that wearing out is to replace it. Some things to look out for with your carpet padding are unevenness, crinkling sounds in certain areas, things of that nature tend to indicate your padding is on its very last leg.
- Increased Allergy Symptoms – As I’m sure you all well know, your carpets are magnets for things like dust, dirt, pet hair, and many more things. If you or your family seem to be plagued by perpetual colds or allergies, the carpet could be the cause! If you have an older carpet, you can potentially greatly improve your overall healthy just by replacing it. If you do need assistance with Carpeting Raleigh NC, BurchBrothersFlooring is your go to destination for all of your flooring needs!